Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero4 Session wifi not turning on

[ Edited ]

Was there ever a resolution to this issue? I'm having the same issue with my Gp Hero Session. I have the newest firmware and app from the app store. My device does not want to pair or with my phone. I've reset this thing twice and still cannot get it to pair. I keep getting an "Epic Fail" error message when attempting. Please let me know as this device is only 1 year old. 

Thanks, 

Austin

Highlighted
Anonymous

There's no distinction between APP & RC on the camera, you basically just cycle through to the option of "APP&RC" and then select it by clicking the shutter button and that should turn the wifi on. 

Yes wifi connection does not require bluetooth to be on, you are correct. The only reason I mentioned bluetooth was because I tried repairing my camera to my phone and for THAT you need bluetooth on. 

Like I said, I've done this a thousand times and it was working fine until last week. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hey Austin, no I haven't figured anything out but I did read another forum about the Silver edition not turning on which was corrected after formatting the SD card. Apparently they can be corrupt and cause the camera to stop being able to turn the WIFI on... not sure how but that's what they said. 

I tried to reformat my SD card but I have an older mac and my sd card slot doesn't register my sd card so I couldn't reformat it. Not sure if this will fix the problem, but might as well give it a try, I'm gonna attempt that on my housemates computer later today and I'll check back in with the results. 

Smiley Frustrated

Highlighted
Tourist

Having this issue now myself after a weekend biking in wales. camera was working fine and dandy! got back to hotel to check footage and nothing. a friend showed me how to reset it so did that, camera turned on. relief. Then i noticed the wifi wouldnt turn on. the option is there, but pressing the button does nothing. i have formatted my sd card made no difference. trying to manuall update the firmware, however gopro site is not accepting the serial number which is printed on the camera, i double checked with the serial number on the memory card which matches. now im stumped!

anybody find a solution? will be trying to get in touch with technical support in the morning.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Since this issue is still affecting so many people, I thought I'd give my update. In short, there was no fix. I spent hours and hours on the phone with tech support, constantly having to explain again and again that I'd done all of the same steps that the previous tech support told me to do. 

I then got approval to send it to the Singapore office for assessment and replacement. But... I had to cover shipping with their courier, which was ~AUD$90. I had some lengthy conversations with them but they wouldn't budge.

Unbelievable. The camera worked for about three weeks, and they expected me to pay a significant proportion of its original price for the privilege of getting a replacement.

In the end I was really glad that I had been upsold an extended warranty by the retailer, so I waited for gopro's warranty to expire and used the retailer warranty to replace it with a different brand. 

I think it was the worst experience I've had a with any company in terms of support. Hopefully you all have better experiences than I did...

Highlighted
Anonymous

"trying to manuall update the firmware, however gopro site is not accepting the serial number which is printed on the camera,"

Man I'm having the same problem, this is really annoying!

Highlighted
Tourist

so glad that this isnt just me!!

Highlighted
Anonymous

I find it weird that person can take time out of their day to spend hard earned money on a product that's not fully functional. I purchased my goPro  session hero today and spent half the day trying to get it connected to my phone app. come to find out this is a known issue and the only response a person can get is to reset and or take it back. Shouldn't the product work out of the box coming from the factory. Camera works fine but NO WIFI - i've spent countless hours resetting and updating and nothing happens. Thumbs up to the people with working go pro's. I will be returning mine today for a refund.