Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Anonymous

Re: Hero4 Session wifi not turning on

[ New ]

if you search inland yaker (video channel) you will find my contact info. Is it possibly you can email me the txt file?

Anonymous

[ New ]

GENIOUS!!!!! It worked

Anonymous

[ New ]

Same problem,

I have latest firmware and have rest Wifi, but when I select 'App' with shutter button I do not get PIn or Pairing. Seems to be a common issue. So unable to use the remote features of the camera.. 

Anonymous

[ New ]

Aah, thanks!

That really did the trick. Waiting 1,5 years for GoPro to show their customer care without even a blink from them and you solved it. My, now 12 years old daughter (was 10 when she gave up her GoPro) was really happy this evening. Thanks alot!

/Samuel

Anonymous

[ New ]

Don't suppose you have time to post a quick youtube video of exactly how to do this fix? I really need to see how this is done other than just reading how to do it. 

I'm actually astounded how Gopro maintains such a high stock price with such low quality product, poor software developement and total lack of customer service..

Silverindahole

youtube...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

I am sorry if you feel this way. We are happy to help you the best way we can.

I have found this video showing the pairing process. Though not officially from GoPro, you may use this as a reference. The pairing instructions starts at 4:04.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!

EJ

Tourist

[ New ]

Downgrade to Firmware V 1.50 and it works again... ;-) https://goo.gl/WjcgqF

It saved my camera !!!

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi felipen208,

the link does not work, can you put it again?

thanks

Tourist

[ New ]

try this one 

https://goo.gl/8mygr5

Tourist

[ New ]
https://goo.gl/8mygr5 correct link
Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi did it bring back the wifi feature??  Please help.. I've been frustrated to fix this for couple of months now. Thank you....

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

I understand how a long wait time while still missing the Wi-Fi feature could be frustrating. If you have already tried the recommended troubleshooting steps but to no avail, the next path forward is to contact Support team. You can reach them through phone or chat here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best regards, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

Thanks!!! it worked to me!!!

Tourist

[ New ]

I have been having the same problem on my Hero4 Session for about a year. My camera is updated and i have tried resetting the wifi but nothing will work.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @coolwater36743

Have you tried removing all GoPro related device ID on your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings? 

Try to forget the SSID on your phone and delete GoPro Device ID on your bluetooth. 

After that set your camera to pairing mode. 

Pair it on Wi-Fi first then go to GoPro App. 

You should be able to see a PIN and then follow the steps on app and that should work. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

I think the Session just needs a full Factory Reset.

The Support-Site says that for that you have to press the Shutter-Button for more than 10 Seconds.

Didn't work for me, so I made 2 .txt-Files with both a line of simple code and put it on the SD-Card.

After starting the Session by pressing the Shutter-Button and waiting for 7 seconds (the time it takes until the OS recognizes the Files) it did a full Factory Reset. After that I removed the files from the SD before restarting my Session. Now it works like before and WiFi turns on (you just have to put up all Settings again).

Be WARNED: This Solution is on own Risk! (Worked for me, but that does not mean anything else than those 3 words.)

no_shutdown.txt:

=============

2_mode=0

cal.txt:

=====

_tapp factory_reset

That's all, nothing special, but took me some hours to figure it out.

Greetz and good luck!

Tourist

[ New ]

Ill try it, thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

I've had my hero session 4 for 18 months, rarely used it. Never been submerged in water. And all of the sudden, wifi stops working. Tried resetting, FAIL. Technical support told me is that it's a software issue, and the only thing I can do is to UPGRADE to a new camera. So yeah, the camera is USELESS now. I am beyond annoyed and disappointed, GoPro. And I thought the brand is has QUALITY. NOT!

Tourist

[ New ]
Not true. Do not need to upgrade at all.
As above, create two files and install them on the camera. Worked a treat for me! Camera working exactly as it should again.
There is a video somewhere of the instructions. In fact

https://youtu.be/aAI8XXWAaMo

Should fix the issue 👍🏼