Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Hero4 Session wifi not turning on

Hi @Anonymous, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't been satisfied with your Session camera. Is the camera malfunctioning in some way, or is it just the short delay between pressing the button and seeing the settings on the screen that you are unhappy about? If you press the buttons quickly in sequence, it is possible that one of the commands might not be read by the camera. Typically I find that the camera responds very well once it is powered up, so I press the Info/Wi-Fi button, wait a second for the camera to show something on the screen, and then I begin navigating through without any problems. 

Keep in mind that the other cameras do this also; when you press the power button it takes one or two seconds to power up and arrive at a state of being ready to film or take pictures. The difference with the Session is that it defaults to QuikCapture mode, so most of the time it is either on and filming or off, whereas it is in standby mode fairly rarely compared to the other cameras. 

Please let us know if you have any questions about this or if we can help resolve any sort of problems you're having with the camera. 

All the best, 

Matt B. 
GoPro Support Hub Moderator
Anonymous

I recently updated to the 2.00 firmware... it updated fine and gave me the Update complete status. Now i cant turn my wifi on from my go pro.. i go to the option and select app and press on it and it just beeps..... i switch over to the RC option and does the same thing and also downloaded the update manually 3 times and nothing. I am really annoyed being that i got this about 4 days ago. Can you guys fix this or give us a solution?   

GoPro

Hi @Anonymous, 

Sorry to hear that you're having that trouble! It doesn't turn on the blue light and/or the Wi-Fi name of the camera doesn't show up in your phone settings? 

When you tried to update the camera, did you do that manually? And if so, did it go through successfully? 

I would also recommend resetting the Wi-Fi of the camera. Hold the Info/Wi-Fi button for 10+ seconds until it asks you if you want to reset Wi-Fi. Select Yes. 

Now, delete the name of your camera from the list of saved cameras in your App. On the camera, try pairing up once more using the App selection. 

Let us know how that goes!

Anonymous

I updated through the phone app first and it gave me an Update complete notification on the gopro after noticing that that the app feature on my gopro wasnt respoinding i re-downloaded the firmware manualy and still isnt working.  Lights doesnt turn on it just beeps when i press the app mode. I was able to connect before that. I reseted the wifi settings numerous times and it doesnt give me the pairing option. i deleted my camera name on my phone app and nothing. Pretty sure ihas something to do with the new update.

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem. just beeping but no turn on the wifi on the camera.

Anonymous

Hi , I have EXACTLY the same problem after updating my week old GoPro 4 session camera from 1.5 to 2.00 firmware. I cannot switch on the wifi through APP option in the menu . The APP menu options shows up but when I press shutter button it beeps but nothing happens! As I can see it obviously has to do with the software upgrade . Before all worked fine. Now the camera is a piece of junk and I am going to return this to the shop after I get back from my trip. I can see the GoPro support team has no other ideas but resetting the wifi. This works but it does not cure the problem!!! Any other ideas ??! Regards / Marek
GoPro

For all following this post,

I'm very sorry this issue is continuing for you. In this case, it sounds like most of you have tried the different troubleshooting steps. To repeat, and for anyone else reading this thread, please try resetting the Wi-Fi on your camera by holding down the small Info/Wi-Fi button on the back of the camera until prompted to reset Wi-Fi. 

Additionally, please try installing the update once more manually through the GoPro website. If those steps don't work, please reach out to the GoPro Support Team directly and let them know what steps you have tried. It's possible that they may need to look into the warranty of your cameras to get you helped out. 

Matt B. 
GoPro Support Hub Moderator

Anonymous

Hi Matt,

thank you you for your comment, but I really doubt if this is a matter of resetting the wifi settings on the camera. I did it dozen of times. I removed any instances of the camera in the GoPro app in my iPhone and the Bluetooth paired devices list. I did the manual upgrade of the software twice. All was concluded successful by the camera. The camera works fine I.e. I am able to switch the functions directly on the camera, recording movies take photos Etc. etc. but just the wifi pairing does not work. Just these two options in the menu - APP and RC . When you press the shutter  button it just beeps and nothing happens ( I.e. one still has an APP displayed on the camera) I think it is a bug in your update package, maybe it shows only on the specific boxes, I do not know, but as you can see above, there are several people who experienced the same issue, something is wrong. 

Btw I have opened the case with GoPro support, so I received a mail from Ellen/ go pro tech support. He suggested exactly the same steps, what we tried already several times. 

Let it see what happens next. I will let you know

cheers 

Marek