Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Hero4 Session wifi not turning on

Thanks!!! it worked to me!!!

Tourist

I have been having the same problem on my Hero4 Session for about a year. My camera is updated and i have tried resetting the wifi but nothing will work.

GoPro

Hi @coolwater36743

Have you tried removing all GoPro related device ID on your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings? 

Try to forget the SSID on your phone and delete GoPro Device ID on your bluetooth. 

After that set your camera to pairing mode. 

Pair it on Wi-Fi first then go to GoPro App. 

You should be able to see a PIN and then follow the steps on app and that should work. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

I think the Session just needs a full Factory Reset.

The Support-Site says that for that you have to press the Shutter-Button for more than 10 Seconds.

Didn't work for me, so I made 2 .txt-Files with both a line of simple code and put it on the SD-Card.

After starting the Session by pressing the Shutter-Button and waiting for 7 seconds (the time it takes until the OS recognizes the Files) it did a full Factory Reset. After that I removed the files from the SD before restarting my Session. Now it works like before and WiFi turns on (you just have to put up all Settings again).

Be WARNED: This Solution is on own Risk! (Worked for me, but that does not mean anything else than those 3 words.)

no_shutdown.txt:

=============

2_mode=0

cal.txt:

=====

_tapp factory_reset

That's all, nothing special, but took me some hours to figure it out.

Greetz and good luck!

Tourist

Ill try it, thanks!

Sightseer

I've had my hero session 4 for 18 months, rarely used it. Never been submerged in water. And all of the sudden, wifi stops working. Tried resetting, FAIL. Technical support told me is that it's a software issue, and the only thing I can do is to UPGRADE to a new camera. So yeah, the camera is USELESS now. I am beyond annoyed and disappointed, GoPro. And I thought the brand is has QUALITY. NOT!

Tourist

Not true. Do not need to upgrade at all.
As above, create two files and install them on the camera. Worked a treat for me! Camera working exactly as it should again.
There is a video somewhere of the instructions. In fact

https://youtu.be/aAI8XXWAaMo

Should fix the issue 👍🏼