Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero4 Session wifi not turning on

Awesome i was looking for the factory rest. It worked
Thanks a lot Sebastian.

Go Pro should have give it to us
Tourist

Please don‘t forget to leave a second blank line in each file.
It doesn‘t work without it.
Tourist

Hi, I really don't understand this. I opened two Notepads and wrote

cal.txt:

_tapp factory_reset

like that on one notepad

and

2_mode=0

_tapp factory_reset

on another notepad. I formatted the SD card and moved the notes or txt files to the SD card. I push the shutter button and no resetting takes place. Can you help? 

Tourist

Hm, in no_shutdown.txt you just need the "2_mode=0"-line and another blank line following (no spaces or else).

It's sometimes a bit tricky to save the files in the correct format (it has to be a pure .txt-file and not notepad-format or rtf-format).

Unfortunately I can't attach my files here. Be sure to save them correct (normaly linux or mac does the best here).

Tourist

if you search inland yaker (video channel) you will find my contact info. Is it possibly you can email me the txt file?

Tourist

GENIOUS!!!!! It worked

Sightseer

Same problem,

I have latest firmware and have rest Wifi, but when I select 'App' with shutter button I do not get PIn or Pairing. Seems to be a common issue. So unable to use the remote features of the camera.. 

Tourist

Aah, thanks!

That really did the trick. Waiting 1,5 years for GoPro to show their customer care without even a blink from them and you solved it. My, now 12 years old daughter (was 10 when she gave up her GoPro) was really happy this evening. Thanks alot!

/Samuel