Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero4 Session wifi not turning on

@Anonymous - A manual update on a HERO Session doesn't show any progress bars on your camera's screen. A manual update involves downloading a zip file of the update and copying that file directly onto the SD card, which is then moved back into the camera, where the installation begins.

Our Support team will be glad to walk you through this process if you have any issues with it.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

Actually that is exactly what happened - I put the update file on my SD card, the GoPro was not connected to my computer, put the SD card in the GoPro, screen came up and said updating software with a progress bar and then it became a brick.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Update Status bar over top of regular display...???!!!

20170530_212859.jpg
Highlighted
Anonymous

has there been no resolution to this?  mine started exhibiting this behavior.  I have 2 hero 4 sessions and only this one has the issue.  It's like when you try to select either "App" or "RC" the shutter button isn't being recognized but you do hear a beep but noting happens. No blue light, nothing.  GoPro Support - this thread and these issues have been identified by a lot of people. Shouldn't there be a firmware fix or a recall for these sessions?  I've done the manual update, reformat card, reset wifi... all nothing.  

Highlighted
Anonymous

Highlighted
Anonymous

My resolution was to return mine to GoPro, currently waiting for the replacement to show up.
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi! I have the same issue and the camera is out of warranty. GoPro Support....any update on this?

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the same issue with my daughters Hero 4 Session. Tried everything in this thread so many times. It happened after firmware 2.0 upgrade. Of course there is no warranty because my 12 year old daughter got it for her birthday 13 months ago and for this birthday several accessories to the GoPro. Now she as stopped using it because she cannot use it with her iPad. It seems that the dev dept cannot figure out how to solve this, even if it was documented for the first time back in 2015. I hope they do soon, because customers moves slowly towards you but very quickly away from you