Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero4 Session wifi not turning on

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue right now... And it is so frustrating and annoying at the same time.. Is there any solution for this aside from returning it to service center suggestion? 

Thank you... 

Tourist

But not all of our cameras are still under warranty. That's why we need to troubleshoot it on our own. Or it will function just like my old hero2.. Upgrading is useless.. 

Tourist

Nobody really seems to care about fixing this issue. They have released a new camera and probably too busy working on a new session6 to give a dam. My issue was I bought the camera second hand (although still brand new and sealed, no receipt) worked fine and then the WiFi stopped working without reason. Keep following this thread but all I see is more people getting the same issue with no solution!
Tourist

I agree 😔
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I bought this camera 2 weeks ago, and i got the very same wifi apparing issue after the first day of use.

I tried everything said in the topic, but nothing works.

It make 2 weeks that i try to reach somebody at the support via chat, vocal message, and also tweeter (there is no mail option oO)

I never had a single answer.

How can we fix this really really bad first experience ?

Thanks.

Tourist

I think it's obvious that GoPro company are not interested in addressing this issue. This is an old product with a built-in fault. Imaging the cost of fixing this. And beside that, most of the users will soon be a new customer, buying model 6 or 7 and forget all about their late model 4. They think... but loosing customer is expensive, loosing dissapointed customer is even worse.  :( I just changed bank due to lacking support, changing camera is much easier.

Sightseer

OMG!!!

I have the same issue!!!! How can GoPro to close its eyes for this!?!

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Hello all together.

Now that my GoPro Session 4 have had the same Issue I tried to solve the Problem and worked it out.

The Session just needed a full Factory Reset.

The Support-Site says that for that you have to press the Shutter-Button for more than 10 Seconds.

Didn't work for me, so I made 2 .txt-Files with both a line of simple code and put it on the SD-Card.

After starting the Session by pressing the Shutter-Button and waiting for 7 seconds (the time it takes until the OS recognizes the Files) it did a full Factory Reset. After that I removed the files from the SD before restarting my Session. Now it works like before and WiFi turns on (you just have to put up all Settings again).

Be WARNED: This Solution is on own Risk! (Worked for me, but that does not mean anything else than those 3 words.)

no_shutdown.txt:

=============

2_mode=0

cal.txt:

=====

_tapp factory_reset

That's all, nothing special, but took me some hours to figure it out.

Greetz and good luck!