Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero3 white update version confusion

I just dug an old Hero3 White out of the box to take to look at fish.  I decided to put the latest firmware on there and followed the instructions on the manual update page.  

The manual update page says that the update will take me to version:  HERO3 White Edition HD3.09.03.07 | Aug 12, 2014

After update:

• When I power the camera on, it says version:  v03.00
  • When I run GoPro Quik it says versoin 3.00 with update available.
  • The GoPro app on my phone says the camera is at:  HD3.01.03.00  (wifi version is 3.4.2.18)

Versioning appears to be broken somewhere.  Should I fix?  Can I fix?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero3 white update version confusion

Hello, @lithecliff7610. The firmware version on the camera should say v3.07. We recommend doing a manual firmware update. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through the process. Please note, when saving the update files on the SD card, be sure to save only the update FILES not the whole UPDATE folder.  

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero3 white update version confusion

Hello, @lithecliff7610. The firmware version on the camera should say v3.07. We recommend doing a manual firmware update. The steps under Manual Update here will guide you through the process. Please note, when saving the update files on the SD card, be sure to save only the update FILES not the whole UPDATE folder.