Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero3 updates

The link on the GoPro page doesn't work. Hero3+ also doesn't work. I need to try downloading WiFi update again but can't find it.

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero3 updates

Hi @theresa

Are you looking to update a HERO3 or a HERO3+ camera?

What error message are you getting?

Please refer to

HERO3+

HERO3

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

I found out that Apple Safari (Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610)) Doesn't like the GoPro site. Using FIreFox allowed me to download the updates but still having problems with WiFi connectivity. It might be IOS 14.01. I'm not sure yet. I was able to update the GoPro Hero 3 but still not able to preview using the GoPro App.

Highlighted
Tourist

I found Safai Version 14.0 (15610.1.28.1.9, 15610) doesn't play well with the GoPro site. FireFox downloaded without problems and I was able to update the Hero 3 without issue but still encountering WiFi connectivity issues with the preview funftion of the GoPro App. It may be a problem with IOS 14.01. Still troubleshooting. 

Highlighted
Tourist

The thing is my Hero 4 and Hero 9 have no issues connecting. Could it be that the Hero 3 is the culprit? The issue is the Hero 3 hasn't been used for years and was at one point working fine.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @theresa

Would you mind checking your phone's settings?

Go to Settings> Privacy> Local Network

Check out the app's permission to access Local Network Devices.

If you have access to another phone, see if pairing the HERO3 camera will work.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej