Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero3+ info on upgrade rules file parameters

I finally got an upgrade zip file to download however it doesn't do anything on the camera. In the zip file are only 2 files, a settings.in and a update.cmd file. In the settings file it contains some fields about WiFi, said and the password I entered on the GoPro registration page.
In the update cmd file is a 3 lines of text. They are as follows:
# Camera upgrade rules file
OPTIONS:6
# Load sequence

That's the only thing in the UPDATE.zip file that GoPro downloaded. I tried these two files on the root of the SD card with nothing happening and with them in a UPDATE folder with nothing happening on the camera.
Does anyone have any info on what the "OPTIONS:6" is supposed to do? I saw somewhere else the file with "OPTIONS:10" but zip download included 2 .bin files.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero3+ info on upgrade rules file parameters

However I found a solution to reset wifi password on the internet. Quick and easy, not try this and that for dozens of times. Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Explorer

Where are you downloading these files from?
Highlighted
Tourist

These are from GoPro.com on the registration page it has a link to download the firmware.
Highlighted
Tourist

However I found a solution to reset wifi password on the internet. Quick and easy, not try this and that for dozens of times. Thanks