Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero3 White Update

Just after I wrote my last message, app works !
Thanks for your help !
Now everything work !
Let's make videos !!!
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi All,

The download should now work from the site. Please let me know if there are any further issues so I can pass them along to the correct team! 

https://gopro.com/update/hero3

Best,

Ryan

Highlighted
Sightseer

For anyone else having issues (I've wasted hours this weekend trying to update my GoPro Hero3 White), here's what I found:

1. If you follow the update instructions word for word, you end up with the files in an "UPDATE" folder on the SD Card. The files all need to be in the root of the SD Card
  2. The file HD3.09-firmware.bin needs to be renamed to HD3.01-firmware.bin before you place is on the SD Card.

I did this with the file downloaded from the website yesterday and it's now showing verson 3.07 on start up. Strange that this doesn't match either of the version numbers in the file names.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thanks mate, works perfectly. GoPro must have stuffed up the version numbers on that update file? Either way, mint now. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Ive spent 4 hours trying to update f-ware and wifi today. Was preparing to drop this thing in the bin.

Your tip fixed the problem.

How did you ever work that out?

I still had to place the three files in the on the card by themselves not in the update file.

Thanks so much.

Merry xmas and happy new year.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Brilliant, thank you so much! This worked and I'm at 20% updated as we speak. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Thank you for the tip on renaming the firmware.  Worked perfectly!

Highlighted
Tourist

You're my new hero! (pun intended) I just used your instructions to update my Hero 3 white and it worked flawlessly the first time. I've been trying to fix the update issue for a few weeks and almost gave up on my camera (it came close to being smashed by a large hammer several times). I can't thank you enough! 

Kindly, 

Jay