Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero3 White Update

Did you get the file, When i try to e-mail them i get an error message that they are too big so send by e-mail. I tried to attach to this post but i get an error message too... I'm not the most tech saavy so i can't explain why this is not working...

Highlighted
Tourist

I will put it on my website for download.
Link will follow
Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you, thank you. thank you!
I have been trying to resolve this ridiculous issue for ages...
I hope you do not mind me updating another forum with this info :-)
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

As promised you can find the update files on the following link : 

[Edit: Link Removed]

I've already renamed it and updated my camera with these files with success.

Just unzip and copy these 3 files to the root of your micro sdcard and start camera.

Camera reboots 3 times during the update. 

Connection with gopro app finally works now.

Feedback is appreciated.

Case closed !

Enjoy !

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

The saddest thing happened to me while updating my hero 3, it shut down after update and never turned back on. The battery first heated up a lot after update while it seemed off, then the cam cooled down. My gopro is now dead.

I must say that I didn't use this update but an update someone send over to me after my previous request for an update, maybe it was a different file, maybe it was the same. I don't know, but it wasn't the right one.

Before I tried this update my camera took photo's and videos, i was just unable to connect the gopro to the app on my phone, but after the update it doesnt even turn on anymore.

I since tried all kinds of resets, plugging it into different cords, but it doesn't respond anymore. None of the buttons does anything anymore.

The only think my cam does when i plug it into a power outlet is blink the red LED light on the back for a second or so, and whenever i press a button it also lights up, but ONLY when the cam is connected to a power outlet. 

I'm so sad, does anyone have a solution for this or a similar experience?

Highlighted
Tourist

I was so relieved when I saw ' updating' appear in the little screen instead of an error message, it flickered with it's lights and turned off like I expected, but then it just went dead.

Is there any way to solve this? 

Highlighted
Tourist

@quickstar80167 wrote:

I was so relieved when I saw ' updating' appear in the little screen instead of an error message, it flickered with it's lights and turned off like I expected, but then it just went dead.

Is there any way to solve this? 

did it restart 3x ?

You can try to remove files from sd card with pc and pull out battery.

Place battery and card again and start.

works ?

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello,

I download the files and put it into SD card but when i start my gopro nothing happens ....