Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero3 White Update

Bonjour.

le site a été corrigé et l'update est dispo.

Attention : le fichier du firmware n'est pas correctement nommé. Pour que la maj fonctionne, il faut le renommer !

Highlighted
Tourist

Merci pour l'info !

Pourrais tu me dire quel doit etre le nom correct ?

He sais the update works now but the filename is incorrect and should be renamed.

I've asked him what the correct filename should be.

Highlighted
Tourist

I tried both updates (with wifi and without).

Downloading works, but update fails to install.

I tried several times, with new download, camera starts to update but i get "Camera Update Failed" every timeafter 2-3 seconds...

Highlighted
Sightseer

la liste des fichiers devrait être celle-ci :

4. Vérifiez que vous avez les bons fichiers pour votre caméra :

Une fois que vous avez décompressé le dossier Update.zip sur votre Mac ou PC, vous verrez une nouvelle fenêtre s'ouvrir contenant les fichiers de mise à jour du logiciel. Si vous avez défini le nom et le mot de passe Wi-Fi de votre caméra lors de l'étape n°2 « Étape n°2 - Configurer le sans-fil » vous verrez 4 fichiers. Si vous avez choisi d'effectuer uniquement la mise à jour du logiciel, vous verrez 3 fichiers. Voici la liste des fichiers que vous verrez. Rappelez-vous bien de ne pas double-cliquer sur l'un de ces fichiers.  

HERO3: White Edition :

• HD3.01-firmware.bin
  • WF3.01-app.bin
  • update.cmd
  • settings.in (Remarque - vous NE verrez PAS ce fichier si vous avez choisi la mise à jour du logiciel uniquement)

Or, le fichier HD3.  n'était pas .01   Il faut le renommer HD3.01-firmware.bin

Highlighted
Tourist

I was able to download the update files. When i unzip and open the UPDATE folder i have:

• HD3.09.03.07  (folder)
  • settings.in
  • update

If i load that on the root of my micro SD and power up my GoPro Hero3 I get a fail to update message. If i open the HD3.09.03.07 folder and copy those files

• HD3.09-firmware.bin
  • update
  • WF3.01-app.bin

to the root of my microSD and power up my Hero3, the update installs but once complete, it's still the same version (HD3.01.03.00)

Highlighted
Tourist

I was able to get mine to update to today.   Here are the steps I used:

• Go through the manual upgrade process and download the UPDATE.zip file
  • Extract the UPDATE.zip file and you should find the following files
    • HD3.09-firmware.bin
    • update
    • WF3.01-app.bin
  • Rename HD3.09-firmware.bin to HD3.01-firmware.bin
  • Insert the SD card into your computer (don't connect via GoPro USB)
  • Copy the three files above into the top level/root directory of the SD card.
  • Eject
  • Insert card into GoPro
  • Power on GoPro
  • GoPro should go into Update mode (mine did and restarted 2-3 times)

If the GoPro updated sucessfully the version it displays when it starts up should be 3.07 (you can also check the version.txt file on the camera)

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Well to my great suprise it worked... makes no sense to rename to .01, then the display says .07 and the actual update shows as .09. I was skeptical but it worked! The one thing i did notice is that my App is not prompting me anymore to update! Success!!

Highlighted
Tourist

Can anybode PLEASE send me the update files to nicoline.s@gmail.com?

I am not able to download the files from the site. The link appears greyed out and is unclickable.

I would love to update with this trick, but in order to do so, i need the files!

Thanks so much in advance!