Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero3 White Update

This is issue has been going on since February! Sort it out!
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]

Also battleing the same issue, cant download the updates for my GoPros, after having them sit for so long, i finally picked up a new gopro to use along with 2 Hero 3 Whites that i have and i cant update them now. I get the new ones u can just update over wire, but i mean seriously, how can we not have direct access to the update files. This is rediculous, ive tried different browsers and on one i was able to click Download Update thats normally greyed out on the rest of the browsers and it just sends me back to the Input Serial number page. Like drop the files in a cloud or something dude. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Any update? 

Highlighted
Tourist

I got an email yesterday saying they still haven't found a fix but they would update me again or when it's resolved.

What's ridiculous is the fact it is a download button which means it just downloads a file from a server. Doesn't seem to me this would be that hard to correct or as already said, just put up a new link to the file on a cloud or a new location.

I guess if the GoPro 3 wasn't junk from the day of production we wouldn't be on here trying to get updates to correct the long list of problems they have. Mine is unusable so I was just hoping a firmware update would give me a 50/50 shot at using it.

This is NOT the way to get people to buy a new camera. I will never buy another NEW GoPro. This is a good way to lose customers.

Highlighted
Tourist

As there is no estimated timeline means they are not working on it !
Its on the list for sure but it remains on the bottom
A goal without a deadline is just a dream... not a project !
Highlighted
Sightseer

Yep same problem here. The wifi you can update, but not the firmware - just greyed out. Thought it was my browser / os so have just wasted an hour trying to fix. At least I wasn't going mad. 

Fix should be easy - no?

Highlighted
Sightseer

Bonsoir.

Le téléchargement du dernier firmware ne fonctionne pas sous Mozilla / Chrome / IE.

Où peut-on le trouver ?

Highlighted
Tourist

+1, I figured out how to get to 3.0.1 but couldn't find a way to get up to the latest release.