Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero3 Silver continues to prompt after manual update

I successfully performed a manual update on my Hero3 Silver but after the update it continues to prompt me to update over wireless when using the GoPro App on my phone.  I can get around it by clicking on the "Later" button each time but it is kind of irritating.  Any idea how I can stop this ?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero3 Silver continues to prompt after manual update

Hi @redsurf71766

Verify if the update has gone through. Power on the camera and look at the version number that is displayed on the screen as it turns on. If the version number is current, then the update completed successfully.

HERO3: Silver Edition Camera

Current Software Version: HD3.02.03.00

If the camera has the current version, you may unpair the camera and proceed with the pairing process again. Alternatively, you may uninstall and reinstall the app or just simply proceed with the update.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

EJ

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Hi @redsurf71766

Verify if the update has gone through. Power on the camera and look at the version number that is displayed on the screen as it turns on. If the version number is current, then the update completed successfully.

HERO3: Silver Edition Camera

Current Software Version: HD3.02.03.00

If the camera has the current version, you may unpair the camera and proceed with the pairing process again. Alternatively, you may uninstall and reinstall the app or just simply proceed with the update.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

EJ

Tourist

Uninstalling the app and reinstalling / re-pairing seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks EJ.   Incidentally - the software version reported by the app is 3.01.03.00 so I guess I still need to do one more update.

GoPro

Hi @redsurf71766

I am glad to hear that the suggested step resolved the issue.

Yes. It is best to work with cameras and apps with the latest versions.

Regards,

EJ