04-12-2018 03:34 AM
My GoPro Hero session 4 worked and paired good for 3 months, but suddenly the wifi stopped working when I pushed the button. The blue light just did not go on and it didn’t do anything anymore. I read something about resetting the wifi on the GoPro, and I did that, as well as resetting it completely from my Iphone. Now I want to connect again, when I press ‘Select control App’, just nothing happens and my GoPro is not doing anything. What do I do now?!
04-21-2018 07:38 AM - edited 04-21-2018 07:38 AM
We do not recommend downgrading the software of your camera. To troubleshoot the issue, kindly try a manual software update first. Once completed, proceed with a password reset:
- Ensure that the camera is entirely turned off (no LED lights flashing, nothing on the camera Status Screen).
- Press and hold the INFO/WI-FI button for 8-10 seconds; you will be prompted with "Reset Wi-Fi." The button can now be released.
- Press the INFO/WI-FI button once to highlight YES.
- Press the SHUTTER button once to select YES; the camera will prompt you that the reset has occurred, then turn off.
- Follow the pairing instructions here, to set up a new name and password during the GoPro App pairing process.
If the pairing process fails, kindly try the steps on this link. In most cases, forgetting the Bluetooth ID and/or Wi-Fi name solves the connection issue.
Should it still be the same, please get in touch with our Support Team to further isolate the issue. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs