Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero session 4 not pairing

Hello,

My GoPro Hero session 4 worked and paired good for 3 months, but suddenly the wifi stopped working when I pushed the button. The blue light just did not go on and it didn’t do anything anymore. I read something about resetting the wifi on the GoPro, and I did that, as well as resetting it completely from my Iphone. Now I want to connect again, when I press ‘Select control App’, just nothing happens and my GoPro is not doing anything. What do I do now?!
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero session 4 not pairing

Downgrade to Firmware V 1.50 and it works again... ;-)

https://goo.gl/8mygr5

It worked for me
Highlighted
Tourist

I’m travelling without a laptop so can’t do that right now :( Will try when I’m back home then
Highlighted
Tourist

So I tried your option to downgrade: didn’t work! I also tries to install the new software, didn’t work either! What to do?!
Highlighted
GoPro

[ Edited ]

Hi @blueboost50485

We do not recommend downgrading the software of your camera. To troubleshoot the issue, kindly try a manual software update first. Once completed, proceed with a password reset:

1. Ensure that the camera is entirely turned off (no LED lights flashing, nothing on the camera Status Screen). 
  2. Press and hold the INFO/WI-FI button for 8-10 seconds; you will be prompted with "Reset Wi-Fi." The button can now be released. 
  3. Press the INFO/WI-FI button once to highlight YES. 
  4. Press the SHUTTER button once to select YES; the camera will prompt you that the reset has occurred, then turn off. 
  5. Follow the pairing instructions here, to set up a new name and password during the GoPro App pairing process. 

If the pairing process fails, kindly try the steps on this link. In most cases, forgetting the Bluetooth ID and/or Wi-Fi name solves the connection issue.

Should it still be the same, please get in touch with our Support Team to further isolate the issue. https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Regards,

Ej