Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero plus flooded on first dive

I’ve used my hero plus for almost two years filming my daughter in dry environments. I finally get the opportunity to dive Cozumel and the camera flooded on the first dive on the first day at approximately 30 feet. This camera has been babied for the entire time I’ve owned it. I’m beyond livid right now. Is there any recourse at all or do I have to attempt the alcohol/toothbrush fix when I get back to the lower 48?  So disappointed.  

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero plus flooded on first dive

bravemesa3260

If you have the HERO+, the camera comes in a non-removable housing that is capable of withstanding depths of up to 131 feet (40 meters).

Were you able to check if there are cracks on the case?

You can contact our Support Team so additional information regarding the incident can be gathered.

While water damaged cameras are usually not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened.

You may reach them via phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

bravemesa3260

If you have the HERO+, the camera comes in a non-removable housing that is capable of withstanding depths of up to 131 feet (40 meters).

Were you able to check if there are cracks on the case?

You can contact our Support Team so additional information regarding the incident can be gathered.

While water damaged cameras are usually not covered by the standard warranty, we still want to look into what happened.

You may reach them via phone or chat.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi EJ,

No cracks in the case. Like I said, this camera has lived a very simple life of Disney world and birthday parties. It flooded at approximately 30 ft give or take 5. We were on the shelf before we dropped off onto a wall dive. Well within the specs of this camera. It has to be a faulty seal. I’ve checked the seal visually and there are no cracks, gouges, or tears. The seal is still supple and it feels as if there is good resistance on lockup. I’ll send a chat to the gopro folks at the address you suggested as soon as I get back stateside. I’ve tried on my phone while here, in Mexico, and it does not want to cooperate. Thanks for the input.

Best,

Dan
Highlighted
GoPro

Sure @bravemesa3260

Let us know how it goes with the Support Team.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Sightseer

Had similar issue with 2 GoPro, in both cases got told that water leaks are not covered by the warranty. The best GoPro can do is offer 40% discount if I buy a new Hero 7 which is by the way not waterproof to 40m unless you buy the extra case!!!!!

Serious defects in workmanship especially when cameras are adverstised to be waterproof to 40m. 

Best to buy a $20 knock off Chinese copy, best value and by far a better service.