Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero display says 'busy'

I have a hero which has the display error 'busy' when i have the sd card in and turn on.  i have reformated the micro sd card in a pc, but that did nothing to solve the error.  is there something else i can do? i got a new lexar 32 gig card and made a few still images, download fine, but then the error came up.

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Hero display says 'busy'

@nicetree60865 - Typically, "busy" indicates and error with the SD card. Which specific card do you have?

You can try reformatting the card. This will erase whatever is on the card, but it may help. Instructions are at https://gopro.com/help/articles/How_To/Formatting-an-SD-Card-With-HERO5-Black.

Thanks,

Jeff

Adventurer

Re: Hero display says 'busy'

I own a Yi camera, it says busy at start up.  it  is not an Sd card error, it is the cameras processor.   you  can not force something that is   tired, waking up, or not miving  fast.

so what is happening is something is causing a hang. I suggest  contacting gopro, this is a community board and  if your camera is new with a return expiration date, get a new one. if it has a care pkg exchange it. if it is in warranty get it serviced, Only if Gopro has a service center.

Fish