Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero Session reacts wiered, can't get into settings

Hi,

Since yesterday my hero session reacts very wiered to button presses. The shutterbutton works most of the time, and starts recording. During recording, the mode button takes Highlight tags just fine. Sometimes the gopro doesn't start, or takes a very long time to do so.

When I press the mode button while the camera is off, it takes somewhere between 10 seconds and a minute for the display to turn on. It won't react to any further button presses and shuts of after a few more seconds. Sometimes the display only flashes and turns off right away. 

Sometimes a camera or photo symbol shows up in the display, stays there for 10s, and then the camera shuts off again.

I tried a manual firmware update to version HX1.01, which installed sucsessfully multiple times. But the behavior of the camera didn't change at all.

I also tired 10 different SD cards, they all record.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero Session reacts wiered, can't get into settings

You think the back mode button is wearing. Are you center pressing. Also. You did not note if you have issues using the app turning on/off the cam. And did you factory reset the cam see if it continues.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

I can't use the app, since I can't get into the setting menu to activate wifi. And I think the only way to factory reset the cam ist also throu the menu, or is there another way? But I would think reinstalling the firmware would have done a reset too? At least the resolution setting was gone.

I don't think it has anything to do with the physical buttons, because they both work fine while recording. 

I just tried a wifi reset. First try, the camera froze on the reset screen where I would have to select yes or no. I shut it of by holding the shutter button.

Second try worked, but it didn't change anything on the strange behavior. 

At the moment the camera starts when I press the mode button, but it takes about 10s to do so, and then it freezes on the info screen, or the info screen flashes only very shortly and then it shuts off again. I can't get into the menu from there.

btw I tried with and without sd card.

Highlighted
Adventurer

lets all know your SDXC card please.    that is important, but you clearly said that the camera fails t owork without it  so that is a sign that the camera Hardware gave and you may need to contact gopro by the phone nd see the options offered

Options are a nice way of saying we'll offer you a discount, we'll repair the camera we'll decline it  and see waht solution is  done to resolve this