Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero Session - can't change from Wide field of view

I am unable to change the field of view from Wide to medium/narrow. Medium only appears as an option, but when I choose it, I get a checkmark, but the view is still wide. Manually adjusting with hard controls does not.show.an option other than wide.
Screenshot_20200617-180319.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero Session - can't change from Wide field of view

Hi @choraltrickster

What resolution/settings have you tried?

Check out https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Available-Video-Resolutions-for-HERO-Session-HERO4-Session/ta-p/39... for reference.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for this! Yes, I had seen that--and had tried all of the resoluton/framerate options. The option for 'Medium' is available in the app controls but when I select it, I get a checkmark to indicate the change has been applied, but it doesn't change from 'Wide'. Using the hardware controls when I select 'W' and press the button, it does not change to 'M'. I noticed my camera firmware is v2.0. Does anyone know if there has been a firmware update for the Hero Session? I'll look into that.

Appreciate your reply

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @choraltrickster. The latest version of the HERO Session firmware is 2.0. But if you haven't done it yet, try manually updating the camera firmware. This process will help clear out any possible error with the current installation (even if it is the latest version). See https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero_session for instructions. 

Which phone are you using and which OS is it running on? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? We just released a new version two days ago so be sure to update to it. 

There is a list of video resolutions here for HERO Session that you may use as a reference. Check out the resolutions, especially those with S, as they would only have Wide as an option for FOV. 

We did test on our end but we are unable to replicate the issue. We are able to select between Wide and Medium through the app or manually and we see corresponding change with the view. 

Let us know what you find out. Thanks!