Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero Session 5 won't turn on

I had the same issue and here is how I have resolved the issue with the help of GoPro Support.

1) Remove SD card and hold Menu Button for 10 seconds

2) Plug camera into a mains charger

3) Hold down Menu or Record button as the camera should start again

For some reason the GoPro Hero Session 5 suffers huge amounts of battery drain whenever it crashes so it is vital to plug the camera into a mains charger (not USB port) when trying to repower it back up. Also if the camera is hot, let it cool down first before trying the steps mentioned above.

My camera still crashes out but now I know exactly what to do to get it restarted.

I hope that was helpful.

Tourist

Hi

Thanks for your message but it seems like nothing working on my camera.

Sightseer

Mine done exactly the same, have you managed to solve it?
Tourist

Hi Connect to customer care and send the product back to GoPro. that's the only option. it will take 15 to 20 days but you will get your good product.

https://youtu.be/p0SmpdI89B8

GoPro Issue resolved GoPro Hero 5 session not turning on got resolved. My GoPro was not turning on after updating the firmware. I connected with supporting t...
Sightseer

It says solution here but I dont see the amswer anywhere. I tried the rests to no avail. 

GoPro Community Manager

@sweetjump52841 - If the resets don't resolve the issue, please reach out to our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. We'll be glad to do some additional troubleshooting on your case with you.

Jeff

Tourist

Hi

You can connect to the customer care and send the product to their service center. use chat option to connect them. I got help from.

Thanks

Sightseer

I have the same problem, I fully charged it, it worked fine until i updated it with the app. then it crashed, no red light, no responce at all no matter what i do. Tried charging it and still nothing, im very unimpressed