Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Hero Session 5 won't turn on

Is that the solution for the problem ? cause everyone said its not working for them ? or is there another solution. ps: have the same problem ....
Sightseer

I have the same problem. I followed all steps...tried resetting, plugging it directly to the wall, holding power mode 10 seconds. Tried to contact support by chat and phone...no luck at all! My GoPro is less than 6 months and it's just doesn't turn on anymore! Please advise...provide an email or any other solutions other than what's been already posted...or advise where to send this to replace my go pro. I bought it in the UK and I still have the receipt. now live in Australia. Thanks!!

i am very frustrated user...Spent a lot of time reading through support thread, trying my luck on chat and on the phone to get hold of someone...nada!

Sightseer

I'm having the same problem. the unit showed a full charge with the light going off. Now it will not turn on
Sightseer

The exact same thing has happend to me, camera wont switch on, camera got very hot at one stage

Tourist

I'm over itSmiley Mad The camera wouln't charge, would get extremely hot (too hot to hold in the palm of your hand) while off. Super frustrated about the constant fiddling with the thing, while on vacation. Missed out on some cool videos and pictures, casue it wasn't cooperating. It worked only about 40% of the time. It went back to the store once we got home! I didn't think to do any research into GoPro or this model of camera before my purchase, which is rare. I assumed this was a stellar company with great products. Not a good first impression AT ALL!

Tourist

I had the same issue, no luck so far. I'll try to return it once I'm back from my vacation. It was very frustating to not be able to make my videos during my trip to Mykonos. 

Tourist

I tried everything, 10 seconds menu button, red button, memory card with UDATED folder, charging, everything. The Camera is completely dead. 

Tourist

HI GoPro Team,

I really love the product Hero 5 session, but after the firmware update mine GoPro stopped working. Now it’s not turning on. Don’t know what need to do. I tried support center, calling option. Now I feels tired and feels that the I lost the money I spend for camera.

Also, uploaded a video to get help

https://youtu.be/WVjlbDv-UUI

I kindly request someone to help me on this situation.

Thanks

GoPro hero 5 session not turning on, Only red LED blinking. please help if have any idea about how to resolve this issue.