Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Hero Session 5 won't turn on

I was using Hero while skiing and the battery went dead. Have attempted to charge but the red light not blinking nor will it turn on while plugged in.  Have attempted all of the resets with no luck. Hero is also hot while charging. Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adventurer

Re: Hero Session 5 won't turn on

I try back mode button ten sec press.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Adventurer

I try back mode button ten sec press.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I downloaded my first video from the Hero session 5 and when I disconnected the gopro from the computer it turned off and will not turn back on.  I tried the 10 second holds on both the mode and shutter buttons with no suceess.  I have removed the memory card and tried the reset holds again with no success.  I can't get the camera to turn back on.  I tried to contact support in a chat but the agents where all busy.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I also am having the same issue and this occurred to me while on my honeymoon so we didn't get to use it on any of our snorkeling or island adventures. I have plugged mine in using multiple sources but am unable to get a red light. I also tried all the resets and have removed the memory card as well. I have been on hold with GoPro for over an hour now waiting to speak with someone. Maybe if more people are having this issue speak on this thread it will get some attention. 

Highlighted
Anonymous

Same problem as you folks. Bought mine about 4 hours ago. Updated at around 9 pm CST, and now it won't turn out.
Highlighted
Backpacker

@Anonymous @Anonymous @Anonymous

The checkmark in red circle indicates the solution.

Press back mode button for a full 10 seconds to reset!

Highlighted
Anonymous

As I said in my original posts, holding the button did not reset my camera. I believe that is the same situation for @stoutrange52016 @agilejump86508 as well. 

I realize that may have been the solution for the original post but I chose to add on to this thread since it was the same topic instead of starting another one. I was hoping to get different options once people read that holidng the button for 10 seconds to reset the camera did not work for mine or others who have commented after the original solution. 

I wasn't meaning for it to be confusing.

Highlighted
Backpacker

@Anonymous   @Anonymous  @Anonymous   Hijacking a thread marked as solved is not the best tactic to get an answer to your specific issues, you would be better off creating a new topic of discussion... IMO!