Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero Session 5 SD card trouble shooting

[ New ]

Hi,
I have a Hero session 5, which i've seldom used. But now no matter what SD card I put in, its requesting me to format the card and say's theres an SD card error. Can I get some help with this? 

Cheers, 
Rahul

GoPro

Re: Hero Session 5 SD card trouble shooting

[ New ]

Hello, @graywater42837. Have you ever been able to use the camera? Which SD cards have you tried so far? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

@mariustanya It worked fine initially, I was using a Samsung Evo 64gb which was still there in the camera when this problem started. I thought maybe that might be the issue so i tried a Kingston 32gb and the same SD card error is showing up. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the update, @graywater42837. This could be due to the cards not being the recommended ones for the HERO5 Session. If you can, try using one of the cards specified on this list and see if it makes any difference in the camera performance. 

If you are already using a recommended SD card and the issue persists, let our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs know. They will be able to help you with the next steps.