Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero Field of view and frame rate changed unexpectedly...

last week I purchased a new hero 2018.

In video mode Field of view only wide no other setting

In frames per second 25 and 50...  60 frames per second now missing.

Is there a software update to get me back to where I was when I purchased it last week 25 frames per second and 60 frames per second?

Patrick

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero Field of view and frame rate changed unexpectedly...

Hello @ipapapro

Thank you for reaching out. 

• In video mode Field of view only wide no other setting - this is true if you have the resolution set to 1440p. When you change to 1080p, you get Wide, Medium, and Narrow
  • In frames per second 25 and 50...  60 frames per second now missing. - there are only two available frame rates - 30fps and 60fps
  • There has been no update yet since the release of HERO (2018).  

If you are not seeing the above-mentioned settings, you may want to do a manual update on your camera. You can follow this link for guide: https://gopro.com/update/hero-2018

Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero Field of view and frame rate changed unexpectedly...

Hello @ipapapro

Thank you for reaching out. 

• In video mode Field of view only wide no other setting - this is true if you have the resolution set to 1440p. When you change to 1080p, you get Wide, Medium, and Narrow
  • In frames per second 25 and 50...  60 frames per second now missing. - there are only two available frame rates - 30fps and 60fps
  • There has been no update yet since the release of HERO (2018).  

If you are not seeing the above-mentioned settings, you may want to do a manual update on your camera. You can follow this link for guide: https://gopro.com/update/hero-2018

Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. 

Thanks, 
Marius