Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero Black 7 video and sound out of sync

Hello,

I'm recording video in 4k, 50 fps and the playback is unwatchable.  Video and sound is out of sync.  I've installed the latest Quik desktop app.  I see there are a lot of issues but don't see any good solutions.  Or, I'm looking in the wrong place.  

I'm using:

Windows 10

Core i7 processor

64 bit

1600x900 resolution

Can you help me get the location of the correct codecs that I need?  I'm about ready to return the product if I can't get this to work...I need this for aviation videos...

Thank you for the help,

Josh Bowcott

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero Black 7 video and sound out of sync

Hello @jbowcott. Sorry to hear about the trouble. If you are experiencing choppy or broken up playback when viewing your videos, this will usually come down to the computer not being able to process the data of the large HD video files fast enough. A recording in 4K, 50 fps uses HEVC file. There is information here about HEVC files that will help. Based on other user reports as well, installing the HEVC codec for Windows 10 will resolve the issue. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Hero Black 7 video and sound out of sync

Hello @jbowcott. Sorry to hear about the trouble. If you are experiencing choppy or broken up playback when viewing your videos, this will usually come down to the computer not being able to process the data of the large HD video files fast enough. A recording in 4K, 50 fps uses HEVC file. There is information here about HEVC files that will help. Based on other user reports as well, installing the HEVC codec for Windows 10 will resolve the issue.