Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero Black 6 rec at 4k and output 1080p via HDMI

[ New ]

Hi; theres any option to rec 4k with my gopro 6 black at the same time I use the HDMI output at 1080p?? When I start to record at 4k, the HDMI port goes to black. I want to record internally 4k but output 1080p via HDMI at the same time for live streaming.

Regards.

GoPro

Re: Hero Black 6 rec at 4k and output 1080p via HDMI

[ New ]

Hi @kiken7631

HERO6 Black does not support 4K output on HDMI while recording. When recording, the output will be at 720x480 @ 60 FPS

For additional information, kindly check this article: Can HERO6 Black Play Back 4K Content on a 4K TV?

Thanks!

Ej

Adventurer

[ New ]

@aragon1006  Please do an actual run test on this with a HDMI  and Hero 6 Please,

Adventurer

[ New ]

@kiken7631 is this what you asked?  

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, that is, in my case, I has my gopro conected to my PC via "elgato usb hdmi" adaptor, and the image goes black, not with low resolution. Anyway, I would want 1080 output so this small resollution is useless to me. Thanks for the video and for your fast answer ;)

@fishycomics wrote:

@kiken7631 is this what you asked?  

Adventurer

[ New ]

understood.     the HDMI output is on  live ?  did going through all the HDMI settings do anything different?

Tourist

[ New ]

I try it on my TV and its the same than your video. Thanks Smiley Happy