Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 will not connect to PC or iPad

[ New ]
Having same issue since updating my firmware last night but on the Hero 8... I had connected my H8 several times to my computer earlier in the day and then after I updated the firmware it completely stopped working.

I tried changing to MDT mode and the device shows up in Windows Explorer but when I drill down to the DCIM folder it's just empty...

This worked yesterday and now it doesn't and thus a firmware issue...
Tourist

[ New ]

I RECEIVED MY 3.0 CABLE TODAY.  MY PC RECOGNIZES THE GP BUT I STILL CANNOT USE IT AS A WEBCAM OR LIVE FEED!  I PLAN TO RETURN IT ASAP. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @bryansloan. If using the camera as a webcam, the USB Connection must be set to GoPro Connect instead of MTP. Is this how your camera is set? 

Tourist

[ New ]

i am in gopro connect.  I have done everything. I just left support once again.   I have factory reset my camera, disk reformats, done the hard update, got the success for update, working 3.0 port working 3.0 cable, intsllalled the webcam file. 

NOTHING IS WORKING to correct the problem.  the only reason I bought this camera was to use it as a webcam for a lab class.  Instead of using it in class, I have spent nearly 3 weeks just trying to get it to function as advertised.

Hiker

[ New ]
I feel your pain. Such a let down this Hero 9.
Hiker

[ New ]

Hello, I just wanted to check if changing the cable solved this issue. I am having the same issue with my 2020 ipad pro and hero9.. thanks

Nomad

[ New ]

Have you changed the connection type in usb settings ?

Should be MTP

Hiker

[ New ]

yes. settings have been changed as suggested....it connects fine in my macbook pro using the supplied usb cable----but not the ipad pro...I edit my videos using the ipad so it will help not removing the sd card everytime I need to move the video clips to the ipad.