Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 webcam mode flicker on Mac

[ New ]

Hey all

just tried out the webcam feature and noticed, that there is heavy flickering happening on the Mac webcam view. Seems like not all the picture data is going through and parts of the picture flicker. Its not flickering on the front facing camera of the camera.

any ideas?

thanks

GoPro

Re: Hero 9 webcam mode flicker on Mac

[ New ]

Hi @kuldark17

What OS version is your Mac on? Do you have the camera up to date?

Have you tried changing the resolution?

Please go over the steps on GoPro Webcam FAQ and Troubleshooting  

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm running Mac OS Catalina. Did try different resolutions but still ends up flickering...

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks! @kuldark17

We'll have this checked with the team.

Regards,

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I just bought the hero9 for 2 days, and got the exact same problem. 

It starts flickering when i start the webcam mode for around like one minute. 

It is pretty annoying, as I really go for it for a better webcam i can do zoom meeting daily. 

Mac OS too. All firmware and apps updated to the latest version. I tried different type C - USB 3.0 cables including the one included in the box. 

Hiker

[ New ]

I believe that there is a anti-flicker mode on the gopro. Try to use that.

Tourist

[ New ]
Try it with the battery removed - for some reason that made a huge difference with mine and I’m using it now every day... albeit that I have to frequently restart the camera/app/zoom. Persevere... the image is SO much better than the grainy MacBook Air webcam.
Tourist

Betreff: Hero 9 webcam mode flicker on Mac

[ New ]

Liebes GoPro-Team,

auch ich habe das selbe Problem und das mit einer nagelneuen GoPro09 Black und einem MacBook Pro (Late 2014, 2,8GHz, i/, 16GBRAM) mit dem aktuellsten Betriebssystem. Ich hab mittlerweile auch schon alles durch - unzählige Internetforen, Softwareaktualisierungen, diverse (hochwertige) Kabel, aktive Hubs zur Stromversorgung, mit Akku / ohne Akku, ...

Bin jetzt (gelinde gesagt) etwas angepisst - da macht jede billige Webcam vom Discounter nen besseren Job...

Bitte um Lösungen...!!!

LG