Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 update has stopped my screen from working and is just black now

[ New ]
I just got a go pro hero 9 today for christmas turned it on and it was working perfectly until i did the new software update on the app. Now the screen doesnt turn on and stays black. Anybody know how to fix this and get my screen back working?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 update has stopped my screen from working and is just black now

[ New ]

Hello, @ryanken22. How was the update done? Was it manually or through the app? 

See to it that the SD card is inserted correctly in its slot. The SD card getting in between the battery and its slot could push the battery causing pressure on the screen. 

If this is not the case, we recommend doing a manual update. The steps under Manual Update at HERO9 Black - Software Update Instructions will guide you. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 update has stopped my screen from working and is just black now

[ New ]

Hello, @ryanken22. How was the update done? Was it manually or through the app? 

See to it that the SD card is inserted correctly in its slot. The SD card getting in between the battery and its slot could push the battery causing pressure on the screen. 

If this is not the case, we recommend doing a manual update. The steps under Manual Update at HERO9 Black - Software Update Instructions will guide you. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!