Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Hero 9 - subscription

Can someone explain why I need a subscription to get a reduced price. ?

All I want to do is take video, edit those on my computer.

I dont want to store video anywhere onther than on my computer.

I dont want to edit video other than the with the tools I have already.

Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 9 - subscription

[ Edited ]

I cannot tell you what you need. But, you also get large discounts on accessories. Might you "need" an extra battery? - 30% off. the underwater case? - 30% cheaper. If you do not  you have complete freedom to not take advantage of any of this, at no cost. Oh, you get accident protection with free replacement. I cannot know if you will need hat, and neither can you...

Highlighted
Nomad

thanks

the full terms & condtiions are gobbled **bleep**. (as always).

Found a more sensible set wheich explained it better.

Highlighted
Nomad

Get your GoPro, cancel your subscription, problem solved.

However please note that I was not a fan of the subscription service either and I had refused to sign up.  Then two months ago I decided to sign up and I have not regretted it.  I find the advantages are as follows:

1:  The discounts I got on accessories actually paid for the entire years subscription costs.

2:  If my camera gets destroyed (by my own hand) I can replace it for about 1/3 the cost of a new unit.

3:  Having my footage stored on the cloud actually made it handier for me access it, rather than have to keep it on the SD card of my camera or hog up room on my phone.  It also means I don't have to lug around my giant editing laptop if I want to put together something really quickly.

4:  I'm actually looking forward to doing a live stream from my camera and sending the link to my family back home so they can watch.  

So yeah, it offers some benefits but point #1 is actually the main reason for me.  

Highlighted
Nomad

Please note, the replacement is NOT free as stated.  You do pay a replacement fee for your damaged camera, this works out on average to be about 1/3 the price of the camera.  "No questions asked replacement" does not mean "free".  It just means they will send you the replacement if you ask for it (and agree to pay).  I believe they do this for up to 2 camera's per year.

Highlighted
Nomad

ok, thanks