Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 split screen effect in video

[ New ]
In every video getting split screen effect. I am geeting two color tone in same video and it is devided from the middle.
Screenshot_2021-01-24-14-42-27-983_com.gallery.player.jpg
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 split screen effect in video

[ New ]
Just had this issue myself. So far I've been able to fix it. Read my last post here:

https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Verticle-line-going-down-footage-on-Hero-9-one-side-darker-th...
Hiker

[ New ]
P.s. This is a well known issue within the GoPro 9 community. GoPro star know about it, and it's an issue within the firmware. By doing the steps I posted in the other link I listed above, mine seems fixed.
Hiker

[ New ]
I'm sorry, for some reason my reply was he erased from the other forums.

What I did was, I factory reset my camera, formatted my SD card, and then went to the website and downloaded the latest firmware and installed it manually using my computer. Then after it installed, I went through the initial setup process, then factory reset again and redid the initial setup.

I had step by step instructions on what I did, but for some reason my reply was taken down. I'm on my cell phone right now and can't type the full details.
Hiker

[ New ]

My victory was short-lived. In one of my Superwide videos, it starts out normal, and then the split-screen color issue pops up in the middle of the clip. The issue is back. But so far it seems to be only when I use the super wide setting. The clip was shot at 1080p 60fps clip with the standard settings in the pro settings section of the preset.