Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 9 problems

[ New ]

I cannot with hero9 black connect with my phone that I just bought. I keep getting a connection error. He says I have to try again. I would reset my phone. reset my hero9. I can't solve the problem and with which application I need to use it as a webcam. I could not find the webcam program for windows10. It exists for hero8s but hero9 does not work properly. Man Sad

IMG_9226.PNG

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 problems

[ New ]

Hi @andreio27267 @volandd44286

We have recently released an update for the HERO9 Black.

Please proceed with a manual update.

Once done, try pairing the camera again.

If it's still the same, please send us a direct message regarding the sample file.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @fleettree828. Please make sure that the HERO9 Black has the latest firmware v1.21 installed. Using an SD card adapter, connect your microSD card to your computer and follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

I also have a few troubleshooting suggestions that will help: 

1. Restart your mobile device. 
  2. Once your phone is back on, turn on/off the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. 
  3. Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings. 
  4. Remove your camera entry from the GoPro App's history. 
    • Android: Open GoPro App. Press and hold the image of the camera and delete the entry from your camera history. 
    • iOS: Open GoPro App. Tap the pencil icon in the top-left corner of the Camera menu page. Tap the red X icon to delete the camera entry from your app’s history. 
  5. Clear the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section. 
  6. Kill the app and relaunch it. 
  7. On your GoPro camera, turn the Wi-Fi off and on. Then restart the camera. 
  8. Now, put the camera in pairing mode. 
  9. Open the GoPro App on your phone and tap the camera icon. The app will try to connect via Bluetooth and take you through the pairing process. Follow the on-screen instructions in the app. 
    • Note: Some phones and regions require the camera to be in a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band, you may also try this out. 
  10. For future reconnections, just make sure that the camera’s Wi-Fi is on and you’ll be all set. 

As for the GoPro Webcam desktop utility, see How to Use Your GoPro as a Webcam for more information. 

Tourist

[ New ]
its not working for me! pairing error
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I'm in the same situation, and I tryed everything, like literally everything with no result, so I just gave up. and I'm using it without the phone.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @volandd44286 and @andreio27267. Which phone are you using, and which OS is it on? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? Are you getting any error message or warning? If so, a screenshot will be greatly helpful. 

Is your camera updated to the latest firmware and is using a recommended SD card? Checking on this will help isolate the issue. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi mariustanya

I have Iphone Pro Max with IOS 14.0.1

And Gopro App - is newest one - I just redownload it from Appstore.

and I am using Samsung card  as you recommend 

AND  I can't paring my iphone

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @volandd44286

Would you mind sharing a screencast/ recording while attempting to pair the camera to the app?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I get this problem every so often. One time, rebooting my phone worked. The next time I had to reboot both the camera and phone. The third time I was on my ride and couldn't remote into the camera to change the shutter speed but could not connect. When I got home from my ride, it turns out the pairing had forgotten the unit's password and I had to enter it in again. Sooo much bugs!

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, I tryed uploading mine now, but it renoves it, saying that it doesn’t have a valid extension
3398733A-B3D8-4952-A405-85505A7983B7.png
Tourist

[ New ]
Phone is updated, camera is updated to the newest firmware, app was reinstalled, tryed reseting the network, airplane mode, basicly I tryed everything that I could find online, tryed on different devices, I’ve talked with customer support two times with no result, so I’ll end up sending it back
Tourist

[ New ]

How i can send you my video of screen?

I did it, but its pretty personal, I do not want to share  this video here,  how I can send it to you?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @andreio27267 @volandd44286

We have recently released an update for the HERO9 Black.

Please proceed with a manual update.

Once done, try pairing the camera again.

If it's still the same, please send us a direct message regarding the sample file.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi Ej, seen that, done it, works perfect, thank you
GoPro

[ New ]

Great! @andreio27267

Thanks for posting back.

Tourist

[ New ]

Finally!!!  Finally my brick hero 9 start be a camera!

Thanks ;)

Now we all are waiting when you will update Quik for  Mac, because its do not recognize GPS data from gopro hero 9! ;)

Nomad

[ New ]

Quik is legacy software. Will not be updated. You can look into alternative options here: https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Telemetry-GPS-overlays/GoPro-Telemetry-Resources-software/gpm-p...

Tourist

[ New ]
Just wondering if you could possibly make this any mor difficult for non tech people? Seriously. My 9 is the first of 4 gopros that I've purchased that worked correctly.. Until I installed the update today. I'm literally crying.. It continues to start itself every time I turn it off! --bleep-- it, now it's as useless as my other three. Why can't you just make it simple? Turn it on and it works? Do better, please.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @trbrooks

Do you have the camera paired with the app?
See if the same happens when the Wireless Connection on the camera is turned off.

Thanks!

Ej