Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 leaked water in lense and screen - I can not contact Go Pro

[ New ]

My Hero 9 leaked water in the screen and lense the first time it was used. I have contacted Go Pro Australia via their online portal, only to get the error message "Sorry, all agents are helping other customers right now. Please try again later." I have requested a call back, and it's been over 24 hours, and I have heard nothing. According to the Go Pro website, wait times are in excess of 3 hours. I have also paid for a membership with Go Pro and expect good customer serice to go along with this.

I am completely irate that the product failed the first time it was used. And I am extremely frustrated that Go Pro have not contacted me to discuss the problem and provide a solution. Customer service is completely non-existent. It is absolutely disgraceful that a company with such a reputation to uphold treats their customers so poorly. 

GoPro

Re: Hero 9 leaked water in lense and screen - I can not contact Go Pro

[ New ]

Hi @catherinej4753

Sorry to hear about what happened.

So long as the camera door is closed, the HERO9 Black is waterproof down to 10m (33ft) without a housing.

We see that Support has tried to reach out but was not able to get through.

Please keep your lines open and make sure that there are no settings on your phone that would prevent it from receiving calls especially from unknown or toll-free numbers. Thanks!

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Ej,

Do you work for Go Pro? I'm sorry, but Go Pro has most definitely NOT reached out, unless you are speaking of the "No Caller ID" phone call I answered late yesterday afternoon when I was hung up on? If so, then maybe the Go Pro agents needs to try a little harder to "reach out" to their customers.

Regarding the Hero 9 leaks, of course the camera door was closed! This is not my first Go Pro! Clearly the product is faulty and needs to be replaced. 

I do hope that Go Pro "reach out" again to me soon. I look forward to their call where they don't hang up on me.

Kind regards

Catherine

Tourist

[ New ]

On 14 January, Go Pro support agent, Mark Joseph, finally contacted me regarding my faulty Go Pro. At the time, he asked me to upload a picture of the serial number and confirm my address, which I did within an hour of the conversation. He advised he would contact me the following day with further instructions. Well, here I am, 3 business days later, still waiting for Mark Joseph to get back to me. Once again, support is virtually non existant. Once again, customer service is atrocious and unacceptable. And I'm still unable to use my brand new Go Pro because of a manufacturing fault. Mr Mark Joseph, if you are reading this, please contact me asap to advise the next course of action. Thank you kindly.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @catherinej4753

Sorry for any trouble caused.

We have tagged the team handling your case.

Support will be reaching out to you soon.

Thanks!

Ej