Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 9 issues vs Hero 8

[ New ]

As a Hero 8 owner the Hero 9 seems to need work.  

Latest version updated as of 9/19/20.  After the update a factory reset was performed to clear it out.  Hero 9 has issues. These issues are not on my Hero 8 and makes me want to return the Hero 9 and maybe try it again in 6 months.

1. Hero 9 Touch screen lags or does not respond

2. Downgrade from Hero 8.  On hero 9 using 2.7k 60fps, Indoor performance performance has lots of smears from hypersmooth especially with horizon leveling on.  Looks like Hero 7 or 6 indoors (both returned after purchase).

3. Stuttery indoor video when panning.

4.Hero 8 has a night mode that can be turned on or off.  I appreciated it off on 8 as the video frames did not drop and stutter.  Where is this option for Hero 9?  

Hiker

Re: Hero 9 issues vs Hero 8

[ New ]

Another issue.  Sometime battery needs to be removed because screen locks up.

Nomad

[ New ]

Audio pops and clicks, 

Latest version the Audio adapter does not work..

Hiker

[ New ]

Another issue. Camera was off for hours, would not turn on when power button is pressed.  Tried many times.  Had to remove battery for it to work.  Battery charge was 73%.

Nomad

[ New ]

The GP9 has to many issues to use for me. I have gone back to the H7 I was using on my run and gun rig, Hero 9 is sitting on the desk waiting for firmware that makes it usable.

Hiker

[ New ]
if the GoPro is auto-save in the cloud, the preview and the video feedback on Gopro App does not work ...

And red led not turn off when the battery is full charged...
Hiker

[ New ]

So freezing problem is still there.

Hiker

[ New ]

At least the HERO 9 BLACK has a removable lens