Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 9 iPad Pro 4th gen connection drops

[ New ]

Using an iPhone 12 Pro using Gopro app downloading from Hero 9 works perfectly and quickly,

When using same Hero 9 and an iPad with the Gopro app, the connection keeps dropping or won't allow download. Sometimes the Hero 9 just shuts off. Going back to iPhone, all works perfectly, 

Seems to be an issue with the iPad app as both devices are the latest.

running latest firmware and latest OS on both devices.  

This is really frustrating as I do my video editing on the iPad and its a pain trasferring the video a second time just to get it on my iPad.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 iPad Pro 4th gen connection drops

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @clarkh08. See if manually connecting the camera to the iPad will make a difference. Try manually connecting to the camera's Wi-Fi network from your phone’s Wi-Fi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. If applicable, change the Wi-Fi Band on your camera to 2.4GHz. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 iPad Pro 4th gen connection drops

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about that, @clarkh08. See if manually connecting the camera to the iPad will make a difference. Try manually connecting to the camera's Wi-Fi network from your phone’s Wi-Fi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. If applicable, change the Wi-Fi Band on your camera to 2.4GHz.