Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 9 gps not working, screen flickering, problems with return/ getting a refund...

[ New ]

First I will say. YES I had the most up-to-date firmware YES When I say 5k I understand what settings it should work on. YES I walked through my issue with a gopro person for over 4 hours, with a customer care agent. YES I know that gps needs to be on before recording. The screen flikering is likely a manufacturing issue. The gps not working is a firmware or manufacturing issue.

I would highly recommend not buying the Hero 9 at this time. I received one that is very problematic. The gps does not work, It does not record in 5k as advertised. When I called customer support they said they were sending another one expediated, they never sent one. I have called multiple times and been told they are waiting for an update from their "internal team". Lets be clear, this is the company that minimizes their replacement policy online to seem easy. This replacement has been an absolute nightmare. All this happened within the first few days of owning the camera. Therefore you are purchasing at your ow risk.