Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 9 freezing

[ New ]

When I was shooting photos yesterday, camera got stuck after taking a live burst photo. it happened several times Nothing was responding, screen was showing photo captured. I had to hold power button to reset camera or even remove the battery.
The photos taken when camera froze are corrupted, only black screen showing.

GoPro

Re: Hero 9 freezing

[ New ]

Hi @markok50605

Please go over the steps on Camera Freezes Up

You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs  for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @aragon1006 

Thankyou for replying.

I manualy updated the camera again, thus it had the latest version installed.
The SD card was puchased in the bundle with the camera, so I assume it shouldn't be an issue.

If I'll encounter same behaviour, I will try to report it to support team.

Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

@markok50605, sorry to hear about the trouble. Let us know if anything else comes up.

Tourist

[ New ]

I tried with different SD card and for now, all the issues seem to be gone.

Previously, there were problems with:

- camera freezing while taking photos (live burst)

- getting media from camera

- uploding from camera to cloud

All works fine now, I'll send th card back for warranty.

Tourist

[ New ]

After a while using the camera, the same issues appeared, although I purchased even faster SD card, SDXC SanDisk Extreme pro, with 90MB/s writing performance.

The problem occurs only when shooting live burst photos. Never with video/hyperlapse/photo.

It may be, that i't linked with operating in lower temperatures, since It's nearly impossible to reproduce the issue while indoors and in nearly always when the issue occured, it was outdoors, near or below freezing temperatures.

However, I'm waiting for the camera to be replaced now. Will report back with new findings.

GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate the update, @markok50605. Let us know what you find out when you get the replacement. Thanks!