Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Rif.: Hero 9 firmware 1.5 - when?

[ New ]

@jdaleo it's enabled automatically.  All you need to do is plug a mic into (3.5mm stereo plug) it and then check your mic input option (Settings/Preferences, Mods, Media Mod)  That is assuming you have already updated to V1.50

Hiker

Re: Hero 9 firmware 1.5 - when?

[ New ]

See the following youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bBO6YQmJX8

I checked GPS accuracy before and after the firmware update,

世界のGoproユーザと情報共有するため、英語で作成しました。もっとも、視聴者数を稼ぎたいという思惑もあります(笑)。エクセル3Dマップ動画と同期をとるため、CSVデータをマクロ(VBA)処理しました。ウィーキングログをとるのに、同期していないのは興ざめですから。
Nomad

[ New ]

Hello @narudaro and company, any of you have the 1.22 firmware file for manual installation and can share it? It would be deeply appreciated because me and some new users are having problems with version 1.5 . Specifically 1.5 in my camera makes a subtile vertical line like dividing half of the video in two brightness levels only when recording x8 slowmotion (doesn't show when not recording) in linear, linear HL and narrow. Sometimes it happens after a few seconds, after a minute or right away, I've noticed appears when stressing the automatic exposure when changing shadow and bright scenes back and forth.

I don't know if my camera is ok, GoPro doesn't answer my complains, any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

GX010067_175408195.JPG
Hiker

[ New ]

Here's a link to v1.22 - the files are dated 16th October 2020 and not 15th December (which is the date for 1.5)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFX9WjXhYYRmPRob92okPLnKqA1JQ?e=fnWFW2

Nomad

[ New ]

Thankyou @rikkytang ! I have tested it and works perfect without the 1.5 problems! If you don't mind I will post your file to the other 1.5 users with the same problem that where asking for 1.22.

I can always upload it my self so you can erase it whenever you want.

Thanks very much!

Hiker

[ New ]

No problem @isaakonfire I'll leave it up for a few days - as you know we can't edit posts for more than a few minutes and the link will become dead eventually, but since several of us have copies now we can get it to people if needed 👍

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi, @isaakonfire , I have 1,22 firmware file(73M) . As you know, the firmware download is strictly controlled by Gopro company. If Gopro say OK, I can share it with you. Please share this reply with Gopro comany person by @***. Otherwise, will you invite me to other web site out of Gopro? Thanks.

Nomad

[ New ]

"Hi, @isaakonfire , I have 1,22 firmware file(73M) . As you know, the firmware download is strictly controlled by Gopro company. If Gopro say OK, I can share it with you."

Hello @narudaro , I finally could install 1.22 thanks to other customers. Thanks for answering back anyway.

" Please share this reply with Gopro comany person by @***. Otherwise, will you invite me to other web site out of Gopro? Thanks."

I'm sorry I don't fully understand what you are saying here. As you said, it's controlled by GoPro, but 1.22 solved the problem of my new 1.5 GoPro camera.

My problem with the new GoPro grows everyday, I could claim a new one but, as you can imagine, could have exactly the same problem. I could claim my money back but I need to be sure that mines are faulty cameras. Could you please confirm if your Gopro hero 9 have this problem that many users also have in x8 slowmotion(240,200 fps) linear mode, linear + horizon level and narrow ? (sometimes takes after immediately recording or after a few seconds or 1 minute)

GX010067_175408195.JPG