Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 firmware 1.5 - when?

[ New ]

@mariustanya There was information on the other thread that audio pops is a hardware issue. I have two Hero 9s at the moment and both have the same problem. Should I return them while I still can or is problem fixable with firmware update? Please, let me know.

Hiker

[ New ]

next firmware update is now due December- been pushed backfrom November.

So anyone hoping to have resolution during the 30 day period- get on to gopro and start the refund process!

Nomad

[ New ]

It better fix the show stoppers like the unusable audio etc.. or I can see reverse logistics getting snow under with these pieces of junk..

GoPro suck at updates.. this will be the last one, and they will just move onto the hero 10 and leave the remaining bugs in the 9 forever. Thats how they have rolled for every camera they have put out.

Tourist

[ New ]
I just found this article posted this morning. We might have a release date for the new firmware, 12/17/20....hopefully!
https://www.redsharknews.com/more-gopro-updates-are-on-the-way
Nomad

[ New ]

@jdaleo Unfortunately that article seems to have a number of mistakes in it (The remote available now to subscribers... it's not.  Date of 12/17 for firmware update, not confirmed by GoPro at all..).  The only official GoPro statement is found on this page:

https://gopro.com/en/us/news/hero9-black-launch-updates

Hopefully GoPro will update that page with anything solid.  

Tourist

[ New ]
Unfortunately, you're right! Lol, I saw the post and got excited. I just got my Hero 9 (upgraded from Hero 4 Black) and have a new mic and adapter that don't work yet! Unfortunately if the firmware update isn't out by the time my return period is up, I'm going to have to return the camera and go with something else. Wish they would just release the update to turn back on the mic adapter, and worry about the improvements in the next update. Fix the broken stuff first, otherwise the product we received isn't as described and is somewhat useless to me.

Hopefully soon!
Hiker

[ New ]

these beating drums will hopefully get "someone" at the source of gopro to --bleep-  (forums -bleeped my n1p) it in the bud with a teaser or timeline......however track records aren't in Gopro's favour - return while you still have a chance - i waited till nov then my 30 days was gone after the FW was delayed to Dec.

you can always buy back in as the FW might be out in June........

Nomad

[ New ]

@eski79 Meh, I have to agree and disagree in so many ways...   

I can understand how the whole Covid situation messed everyone up and made this release so problematic.  At the same time you're right, I mean, the best purchasing strategy is always to wait for the camera to be on the market for quite sometime to work out the kinks and bugs first.  Early adopters always pay the price and this year it's worse than usual.

Although the referenced article seems to be more guesswork than anything I do think the firmware update will be mid month, makes sense from a beating the drum sales perspective "get it out before Christmas otherwise there will be tons of returns from customers".  They delay may be been from the Max Mod streaming, I can see why that one is so important.

Also, I've heard from a couple of sources now that "The Remote" is coming this December.  Someone claimed they were a sales person and that before the release of the camera they were given a list of accessories to be released with scant details and "the remote" was listed in the training materials.  I take it with a grain of salt as GoPro have been too tight lipped about this BUT.... the delay in Firmware would hint at it coming, if there's also a firmware release for the Max and Hero 8 (which the remote is rumored to support) this would further confirm things.

What I haven't seen is any mention of the "audio cackling/popping" issue.  A number of users have reported this, I've not experienced it myself but have seen video from other people.  Have you experienced this one?