Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 9 firmware 1.5 - when?

[ New ]

Any news about firmware update release date?

I have 9 days left to return my Hero 9.

Any chance the update will be released before that?

Sightseer

Re: Hero 9 firmware 1.5 - when?

[ New ]

1.22 was out on October 20 https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black 

Tourist

[ New ]

Would be nice if the next firmware added H.264 to 24/30fps options in 1080p.

Hiker

[ New ]
Would be even nicer if it just fixed the huge amount of issues first.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, Everyone. We do not have a specific date at this time but you may watch out for updates through https://gopro.com/en/au/news/hero9-black-launch-updates .

Nomad

[ New ]

Indeed, I note Nov no longer prefixes v1.5 on the update information page so I guess it will no longer be this month :(

Hiker

[ New ]

@im35461 the update linked above states that the update has slipped to December now.

Nomad

[ New ]

Yes, when I spoke to the GoPro staff originally, the Nov V1.5 firmware update was rather simple.  However some large issues were then brought to light (GPS) and this increased their workload.  Now with the Max Lens Mod, a lot of owners want to live stream with that much larger FOV and this is yet another firmware improvement that they have had to add on.  I think GoPro really do want to make this a major firmware update as they don't want a whole bunch of owners coming back to them after Christmas with a ton of complaints.  The staff are really throwing themselves at this trying to solve issues and get everything working and fingers crossed, they pull it off.

in the meantime, I guess us early adopters will just have to wait on those fixes.  Not ideal but hopefully worth the wait.