Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 9 black x 2 sd card keeps saying it has problems after a couple videos

[ New ]
format SD card then after a couple videos will tell me card has failed and need to re format so I have to download what is on card reformat card in GoPro and take a few more videos and the same thing and this is happening on both my hero 9 blacks, it is from 3 different SD card 2 of them I purchased from GoPro and the other came fro DJI
GoPro

Re: Hero 9 black x 2 sd card keeps saying it has problems after a couple videos

[ New ]

Hi @swifthero86821

What are the SD cards used? Please include the brand, type, and capacity.

You may also check NO SD or SD ERR on Camera's LCD

Let us know how it goes.
If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I had the same problem! i hope it doesn't come back... i lost my entire snowboarding trip needless to say im not too impressed with my first go pro... is your screen EXTRA sluggish too? :/
GoPro

[ New ]

@aayala12317, sorry to hear about the trouble. Make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. Did you get any SD Error too? When does the SD error occur (i.e. onset, out-of-the-box, after formatting, after 1 video, etc.)? Does it happen on specific video resolution settings or camera modes only? 

Also, if you haven't yet, install the latest firmware version of the camera. 

Tourist

[ New ]
The camera has been NOTHING but a problem since I got it on Christmas, I’m using the SD card that is provided by GoPro upon purchase, the screen hardly works at all, doesn’t respond to touch shuts off whenever it wants and continues to give me a reformat message and it’s getting old that a brand new camera works like it’s from 2000.
Tourist

[ New ]
Also the camera is completely up to date.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Sandisk extreme 32gb it’s the ones that come with the GoPro
Sightseer

[ New ]
It happens after a couple of videos and it is on 4K video and have tried 2 different SD cards it is the sandisk extreme that came with the GoPro and this is happening with 2 separate GoPro 9
GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @swifthero86821 and @aayala12317. To verify, were your cameras updated to firmware v1.5 manually? If the camera is stuck with formatting displayed on the rear screen, have you been able to format the SD card on a computer? We'd like to gather these details so we can determine what could be causing the issue. We will share this with the Product team for a closer look. Thanks!