Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 9 black sometimes charge, sometimes doesn't

[ New ]

Gday, my hero 9 out of the box, charges to 17% in the beginning. After software upgrade, it sometimes charges to full, sometimes does not even charge at all. this is not good for a brand new product

Hiker

Re: Hero 9 black sometimes charge, sometimes doesn't

[ New ]

i think i have found the problem, need to maintain pressure at the usb connector ( at the camera end ) to one side and it will charge. 

must be intermittent connection in the camera itself, manufacturing defect perhaps

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jackseow

Does the same happen with a different charging cable?

Let our Support Team check on this further. You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

thanks

Yes it does, I have tried several cables,the same problem 

I can get it to charge after many tries, pushing the connector into the camera and pulling it out slightly, but it is so hard to get it.

Connecting to the camera via USB is impossible, managed to get it connected for a few seconds the other day, one slight touch and its gone. it is clearly manufacturing fault, or could it be a refurbished unit? , it is so wrong if it is

I have had no response from any Go pro support, or return.  this is not right, I will give it sometime, but this has to be reported

I must say buying from local reps is the best, if I have bought this from local rep I would already have this returned or exchanged without any hassle

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jackseow

We see the new request logged in the queue.

Support will be reaching out to you again.

Please keep your lines open and make sure that there are no settings on your phone that would prevent it from receiving calls especially from unknown or toll-free numbers.

Thanks!
Ej