Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 battery drain

[ New ]
I saw my battery going down fast when I first got it, then ran both batteries down to zero a couple times and charged them back up to a 100% now my camera stays mounted on the windshield of my car with WiFi and gps active and it it only loses a few % in a weeks time only thing deactivated is the voice control which didn’t work well for me... currently just using it as a very expensive dash cam until “The Remote” is available..
Tourist

[ New ]

Hey I'll try your suggestion since the batteries a doing a great job of going to 0%!!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hello

Same problem here, I got 3 batteries in total and dual charger, batteries don't charge to 100% they just go till 94% or 96% inside dual charger and inside go pro 9 it does 100%.

Batteries losing power during night, it was 100% this morning 96%, what is this?

I want new batteries or new charger.

I was using IPAD mini 5 charger brick, Huawei P30 pro brick, all gave same results and I used original cable whic go pro gave...

Any solution? This is not normal for brand new camera!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @nikolad1466, @susans4202, @ultrapilot12001, and @fredriw535. If you are still observing the issue, it would help to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works efficiently. To do this, run a short record time test following these instructions.

If you get a battery life that is significantly shorter than expected, please contact our Support team so they can assist you with the next steps. To connect with Support, visit https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs and fill out the form with the needed details. Once done, select "Contact Us" and proceed with either chat or a callback request. Be sure to put in your best contact number. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

I'm having a similar experience. The battery may lose 25% between the time I leave the house and the time I start filming, with the camera completely off (Hero 9). And none of the passive recording modes/features enabled. Power loss is not just limited to when the batteries are in the camera either. They lose juice rapidly just sitting on a desk. Even if they were just fully charged (say, within the past day), I still have to put them back on the charger in advance if I am planning to use the camera later. Otherwise the batteries will have <90% power left when I actually put them in and turn the camera on. Lithium-ion batteries should not drain like this when they are not in use and not being stored in a device.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nimbledive85777

Sorry for any trouble caused.

If you haven't yet, please try running a manual update. https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero9-black

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs
Please have your camera's serial number and proof of purchase ready.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi 

Experiencing exactly the same issues with all 3 batteries purchased recently.  Once fully charged Via gopro Supercharger they only register 93%, 95% and the highest at 97% 

I am currently waiting for a call back from support having manually installed the latest version (V1.50)

Did you ever receive a resolution ?

Cheers

Tourist

[ New ]

After repeated battery draining to 0% and charging back to 100% on one of my batteries as suggested, I am not getting overnight battery drain. But I still have all the battery draining options/features set to off. That pretty much makes them pretty worthless as a quick turn on and shoot camera! You have to choose whether to take the time to turn some of the features back on right before you want to use them or keep them on and hope the battery doesn't drain before you film something exciting.

I haven't had a chance to get out the past couple of weeks to film.