Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 battery drain

I'm going to have to test this out on my unit and battery. Unfortunately I'm waiting for the dual charger to become available locally so only 1 battery for now.

Highlighted
Tourist

@aragon1006  schrieb:

Are you getting 100% on the battery now?

I have been getting 100% but it rarely stays there. It's getting better though and the battery tends to keep more and more power. This is strange behaviour though. If it's normal for batteries to act like this, I guess all the devices I have ever owned were somehow prepared before they were shipped out to the customers so they wouldn't experience this.

It's still losing power quickly when turned on. The display's brightness has been turned down to 15% (front is off) but it's still eating the same if not more power as older cameras (like 1% every minute according to the display) when it's not recording. I understand that the picture processing is always on even without recording but I'd expect it to last longer on "standard" video mode (Full HD, 60fps) without Hindsight.

If it's still the same, can you please help us with the camera version and the
SD card used(brand, model, capacity)?

Camera version: it says 01.21 in the menu which should be the newest 1.21 and has been installed from the very first day.

SD card: SanDisk Extreme 128 GB MicroSDXC with A1 (reads the same values as the one provided, just more capacity I think)

Can you also check the charging output of the adapter used?

I have been using different ways to charge it and am no geek so Google is all I can give you:

MacBook Pro 2017 USB C port: 10W (or even only 4.5W)

iPhone charger: 5W

iPad charger: 12W (probably)

Less W should result in a slower and more accurate process but I have mainly used the iPhone charger.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone!

We have shared this with the team in charge.

We'll post back once we have an update.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank You!
Highlighted
Tourist

I experience the same. Also red light goes on approx. 30 seconds after i turn off my gopro

Highlighted
Tourist

I charged up my Hero9 Sat night, checked the battery status on Sunday morning and it was at 100%. Checked it Monday afternoon and it was still at 100%. This was the 3rd recharge directly from the unit. Still waiting for the dual battery chargers to become available locally. ARGH!

Highlighted
Hiker

I’m currently experiencing the same thing, staying charged up now since I shut off the Voice control.. currently just using it as a dash cam with it mounted on the windshield of my car.. until I get a working smart remote.. I just received my dual battery charger and second battery
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I ordered the DualCharger online at BestBuy a few days ago. It's here, and i charged two batteries at the same time already. I was so excited that i forgot to check how long it took.