Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 back screen flicker

[ New ]

As you maybe aware...

1. Gopro a sony are different companies

2. As stated in my last response I have tried all charging modalities.

3. Your overtalking and mansplaining is getting annoying.Smiley Wink

Spoiler
GoproHero9's are broke AF
Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same issue with the flickering screen. I just had a chat with CS team of GoPro and the representative told me I would get the replacement. It seems like there is no way to fix this issue other than replacement. For your information, the version of my GoPro Hero 9 is 01.53. 

The representative I chatted with was not supportive and said there has been no issue reported regarding flickering. The chat platform does not support a function of uploading files and the rep kept asking to use a particular link to submit URL or upload files. The problem was, when I clicked "Choose a file", selected a file, and clicked "Open", nothing happened on Chrome and Edge so I could not upload files. In addition, this upload system requires particular formats with small file sizes. I submitted GoogleDrive URL, but the Rep did not accept it. I finally (by chance) used the Quick app on my phone which I did not know how to use because I am a new customer. The Rep did not mention this app and just asked me to provide "URL" of Youtube or GoPro. 

Moreover, the Rep kept asking me to upload PHOTOS to prove my flickering issue. I asked him/her how to show flickering by a picture, but the Rep kept giving automated answers. 

I am leaving my experience here to prove the flickering issue EXISTS. 

PS. I realized that this post does not support the video format of iPhone. I am not surprised GoPro does not support it :)

Please click here to watch the proof of the flickering issue. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @joonhog35

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Thank you for the details provided. We'll have this feedback shared with the team.

We were also able to pull up the case and see that an RMA has been arranged.

Feel free to post back and let us know how it goes with the replacement unit.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

I received a replacement and it worked okay for the first two days. But, it started flickering again after I had connected it to my desktop for charging. As far as I remembered, the same flickering happened on my first go pro hero 9 when I had charged it to the computer. I believe the flickering has something to do with over-charge through USB-c connection to the desktop. 

I am not sure what to do. Do I have to request a replacement again?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @joonhog35

It will be best to reach out to Support to follow up on your case.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

We'll also have this shared with the team.

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]

@joonhog35  if it is any useful, since I don't connect it any more to the computer it doesn't flicker ever, I think it's been like some months now and charging it twice or 3 times a week at least and never had more flickering, the GoPro works fine.

That being said, if you read the GoPro manual explicitly says that batteries should only be charged with its official charger. Last time I checked there's very good offers from GoPro of batteries with dual chargers pack...