Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 9 back screen flicker

[ New ]

Less than one month old. Also having the same issue. Went through these steps myself and with a representative. Still having the same issue. So frustrating. It is not a software issue and this needs to be figured out!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @peppycave17673

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Please reach out to Support to follow up on your case.

You may submit a request for a callback or initiate a chat session through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Have there been any updates on this issue? I just bought my Hero 9 bundle directly from GoPro. After a day of using it, back screen began flickering. The camera did get pretty hot at one point, but it's been "just warm" most of the time. Powering it off and letting it cool down all the way to room temperature doesn't seem to do much. As soon as it's powered on, the back screen flickers in any mode, even not recording. I'm on latest firmware (updated two days ago, as soon as I got it). It feels like there is permnanent damage from overheating, but it doesn't appear to affect the quality of captured video.

There are multiple posts on this and at the end everyone is told to reach to customer support... this is clearly a widespread issue and I don't want to deal with a month-long replacement process until this is resolved.

Hiker

[ New ]
I have not received my replacement yet. I sent it to them a long time ago.
Hiker

[ New ]
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. I need my GoPro for business purpose and waiting for replacement is kind of a no-go for me.
Nomad

[ New ]

Hi all, found the solution and what may be causing it, in my case I always recharge battery with the PC USB connection cable, I know it's the PC because I left the GoPro all day charging and forget that it was there, when I disconnect it the rear screen was flickering.

Solution: most days GoPro I don't use it at all but after a flickering session when past some large time I turn it on and there's no flickering any more. It's not actually a real solution, but points what may be causing it (in my case): PC USB connection

I don't own a battery charger, and won't buy it, so GoPro better look up this, I had two GoPro 9 and never flickered until one day suddenly was overcharged and then comes back very often, I don't have any other method of charging battery.

Is the battery faulty? of course GoPro will not assume that, but If there's anyone who knows about electrician please tell what you think, should we claim for replacement?

Hiker

[ New ]

Sorry I have used all charging modalities. You will need to get your Hero 9 replaced if you have this issue.

Nomad

[ New ]

Actualization: I just over charged battery for a while at full 100% with my Sony photocamera transformer to USB and there's absolutely no flickering any more.

_ISI8319.jpg