Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

Just an update. That cracking pop sound was really annoying me, so I contacted support. Since I bought the Hero 9 on 9/27, it's still within the 30 days and will be exchanged and not count against my subscriber count. So that's good.

So basically, I gave the agent all the info about the camera and described what I was experiencing. The agent asked me to upload a video with the popping sound to YouTube, which I did. From that alone, agent determined that we should proceed with the exchange process.

I was sent an RMA form with a UPS label.

I boxed it up along with the RMA form, and shipped it out already.
Highlighted
Hiker

Quello fa l'assistenza gopro

Quando non è in grado di risolvere un problema con l'aggiornamento manuale del FW chiede la restituzione della gopro.

Io aspetto l'aggiornamento FW, da quanto ho capito tra assistenza e programmatori non c'è alcun dialogo....

Andrea

Highlighted
Tourist

Rif.: Hero 9 audio pops

Anche la mia ha lo stesso problema audio. Quegli scoppiettii sono davvero fastidiosi.

Highlighted
Hiker

Rif.: Hero 9 audio pops

Spero con tutto il cuore che l'aggiornamento di domani sia cumulativa di una serie di aggiustamenti e non solo limitato alla lista di correzioni pubblicata online; spero di cuore perchè altrimenti mi tocca restituire la Hero9.

Andrea

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Could someone please confirm, was this problem fixed with the first firmware update? I would like to give H9 a third chance but I need to be sure it can record quality audio. Thanks,

Highlighted
Hiker

No, stesso problema anche dopo l'aggiornamento 

Highlighted
Nomad

Pops and clicks still there.. The touch screen is still a joke as well.. If it improved its not a measurable improvement.

@GoPro, can you fix the pops and clicks, or do I take this thisng back??

Highlighted
Tourist

I can also confirm that the update did NOT fix the audio pops. The more I've used it, the more it seems to behave like a hardware problem. So I'll return mine.