Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 9 audio pops

I used my GoPro Hero 9 on the weekend for the first time, lastest firmware. I also got the audio pops on files, wind setting was set to auto.

Highlighted
Hiker

Hello Gopro

What's wrong with you?

From 3 days I am trying to connect with your support by live chat but it's not possible. Still the same message, agent helping other, no available agents ...... from 3 days the same. 

I have the same problem with audio in my Hero 9, can someone from Gopro help me ????

https://youtu.be/ZJiH0Cf8duo

https://youtu.be/aqEKDFb_LHI

https://youtu.be/nLFdDTfDhZc

Highlighted
Hiker

And dear Gopro

I have the newest software, did i twice by sd card.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi @mariustanya and thank you for the information. I can also prepare a video if needed, but @maxshooter videos have exactly the same cracking and popping as I have. My videos have been shot with:

1. 4k 60 fps, tried with Wind set to Auto and Off

2. SD card is a brand new genuine SanDisk SDXC Extreme Pro 128 GB. Never used before, bought at the same time as the GoPro. I had audio issues starting from the first few videos, so the card was almost empty at that point.

3. Only internal GoPro mic

4. GoPro set upright on a sturdy desk without any mount, nothing moving or vibrating. Sometimes handheld without mounts.

I think I haven't had the problem when recording in 1080p format, so please try 4k 60 fps when testing.

Highlighted
Tourist

I would like to add to this thread. For a while, I thought it was just me walking around causing the popping/cracking sound.

Did a search and found that I'm not alone.

Here are some tests I did. All tests were made on a small tripod mount on my desk. My GoPro Hero 9 is on the latest firmware using the SanDisk Extreme 32GB card that came with the bundle.

4K/60
Audio: Auto
Findings: No popping/cracking
=================================================

4K/30

4K/24

2.7K/60
Findings: Popping cracking

2.7K/120

1080/60

1080/30

For me, looks like the popping/cracking audio issue only happens with 2.7K/60 settings. Everything else seems to be okay. Unfortunately, the 2.7K/60 is my preferred setting.

I'll have to do more tests with the audio not set to auto. I'll do that at a later time.
Highlighted
Tourist

I went through a second test the following settings.

Wind audio: OFF
Raw: Off
Findings: on all settings as my previous post, no popping sound.

Then I went back to the 2.7K/60 setting where I was getting the pop sound with Wind = Off and Raw = Off, no popping sound. Placed the Wind = Auto and Raw = Off, no popping sound.

So it seems, at least for me, it's at random.

Hopefully support has a fix in their next firmware update.
Highlighted
Hiker

DEVONO rilasciare un firmware che sistemi tutto

ci mettono MESI per rilasciare un aggiornamento non giorni e nemmeno settimane ma MESI...

io sono un programmatore e rilascio una nuova versione ogni settimana sia di terminalini barcode che di software molto pesanti e corposi con milioni di righe di codice.

La politca GoPro di rilascio FW è la peggiore di tutto il mercato delle action cam senza contare che spesso un nuovo firmware contiene sia sistemazioni che nuovi problemi.

Perche, io mi chiedo, non aprire un canale di BETATESTER di firmware in grado di fornire dei feedback realistici ai programmatori ? è palese che chi fa i test attualmente non sono persona in grando di prevedere l'utilizzo normale dell'utilizzatore finale.

io sono un fan GoPro, ma comincio ad essere esausto nel dar fiducia dal primo giorno ogni anno a questa multinazionale per vedere che non cambiano la politica con cui viene rilasciato un prodotto nuovo; sono mesi che ho la Hero 9 e mesi che utilizzo la Hero 8 perche è l'unica che non mi da mai problemi, io mi vergognerei.

Andrea

Highlighted
Hiker

In my case resolution doesn’t mater. I’ve tried everything. Wind on, of, auto - doesn’t mater. Popping and cracking was outside home, inside, in hand, on stativ - doesn’t mater. Waiting for new device now🤷‍♂️